History
weiterlesen

Any questions?

We are happy to help!

Phone: 0049 (0) 841/97367-0
Fax: 0049 (0) 841/97367-20
Mail: info@forster-bau.de

Date Outline

Currently there are no events.

The future needs a past

Being an innovative company, we strive to offer the most advanced solutions to our customers. Any of these solutions has a solid foundation due to our extensive experience in the field of civil engineering.

2012 - Med Austron proton therapy centre in Vienna, Austria

The PTZ MedAustron in Vienna is the largest Forster Sandwich Construction yet. By using sandwich technology, 25000 m3 of concrete could be replaced by using gravel from the site itself as mineral bulk filling.

2010 - Atzenhof Fürth, Germany

Apart from installations for radiotherapy, construction of the largest radiation protection facility for non-destructive material testing commenced in 2010.

2008 - Participation in DIN 6847 Part 2

The radiation protection standards committee used the results from the test series so that the sandwich construction method became the new 'state of the art'.

2008 - High-power radiographic testing at the GSI in Darmstadt, Germany

As ever more powerful systems are used for clinical irradiation of cancer patients, the characteristics of the new filling materials were to be tested in the range up to 600 MeV (protons) and 430 MeV (carbon particles). Using an experimental setup of 240 tons, new insights for the design of such buildings could be gained.

2005 - Radiographic testing at the University of Erlangen, Germany

In order to further improve the design of radiation protection facilities as well as to test new materials for suitability, numerous radiographic tests were conducted on conventional concrete components and mineral bulk fillings.

2004 - German Award for Material Efficiency

Awarded on December 14, 2004 by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Labour in Berlin. The German Award for Material Efficiency was awarded by the Ministry for the first time in 2004. Jan and Renate Forster received the award for their best practice example for cost-effective improvement of material efficiency in the company or at customer locations for their 'Radiation protection facility with dry mineral bulk filling using the sandwich construction method'.

2004 - Professor Adalbert Seifritz Award

Awarded on September 24, 200 by the Steinbeis Foundation and its partners, the Professor Adalbert Seifritz Award acknowledges the successful cooperation between trade and university. The award appreciates successful knowledge transfer between university and companies.

2004 - Bavarian State Award

The Bavarian state government acknowledges the capabilities and competitiveness of the trade with the Bavarian State Award. Out-of-the-box technical solutions, quality of implementation, degree of innovation, application benefits and sustainability are important criteria for this award.

2004 - New orientation as engineering firm for structural radiation protection facilities

.

2003 - Construction of the first radiation protection building

The first radiation protection facility using the new Forster Sandwich Construction was built for the radiotherapy practice Mühleninsel in Mühldorf am Inn, Germany. This facility is a self-supporting radiation protection room with a plaster filling that houses a linear accelerator for cancer treatment.

2003 - Radiation protection development

Initiated by a request for a mobile radiation protection room, we left the well-trodden paths to set an entirely new direction leading to a patent application. As opposed to the conventional construction method, the supporting structure and the radiation protection are separated. This enables a significant reduction in the amount of concrete required as a loose mineral bulk filling is used for radiation protection. This new construction method quickly became the most important product of the company.

2001 - System building development

.

1981 - Renate Forster joins the company

.

1970 - Specialisation in bridge and reinforced concrete construction

In the 1970s we specialised in bridge and reinforced concrete construction Numerous structures from this period still stand witness to the projects of those years.

1965 - Cemetery chapel on the southern cemetery of Ingolstadt, Germany

A modern cemetery chapel from reinforced concrete was built for the newly established southern cemetery. The complex formwork construction for the parabolic outer wall design is particularly noteworthy.

1963 - Schillerbrücke bridge in Ingolstadt, Germany

The increasing volume of traffic in Ingolstadt required an additional bridge over the Danube river. In collaboration with another local construction company, the structure along with the associated traffic installations was built in 1963/64. The structure proved its endurance during an extreme flood in 1965.

1961 - Crash testing in Desching, Germany

However, construction of bridges was not neglected. In the Ingolstadt area, 12 bridges were constructed for the highway A9. Crash tests were conducted in Desching near Ingolstadt in order to examine the behaviour of reinforced concrete pillars in case of a truck crash.

1960 - Large-scale residential construction in Ingolstadt

Due to the fast advancement of the industry in Ingolstadt (particularly the former Auto Union), requirement for workers and hence housing increased. As a result, new residential areas were built around the Auto Union grounds.

1953 - The third son joins the company

.

1950 - Industrial construction

Apart from building bridges, roads and buildings, reconstruction of industrial installations became an important cornerstone of the company. Various production halls of Auto Union and DESPAG are examples for work from this period.

1947 - The founder of the company dies.

.

1945 - Reconstruction

Reconstruction of the company started soon after the end of the war. The company was engaged in reconstruction of the wooden Danube river bridge and, in the following years, in reconstruction of public buildings such as the St. Anton church.

1935 - Establishment of reinforced concrete construction

In 1935, the company built a storage facility for EDEKA followed by various residential and office buildings. In 1939, work on a grain elevator started. However, construction was stopped due to war-related cost-cutting measures.

1934 - Start of reinforced concrete construction

Under new management, the production program is updated with reinforced concrete construction. This construction method is commonly used today but it was a revolution in construction back then. As opposed to the common brick and compressed concrete construction method used earlier, this method enabled faster construction as well as significant savings in material and labor costs.

1933 - The sons join the company.

.

1931 - Construction of residential blocks and public administration buildings.

The young company quickly earns the trust of its customers, leading to increasingly large construction projects and public administration buildings for railway staff.

1923 - Michael Forster establishes a construction business.

Michael Forster becomes an entrepreneur following many years of service in the construction business of the builder Beikler. Initially, most contracts are for private residential constructions and conversions.

1907 - Construction of today's registered office.

The Mercystraße (Mercy Road) is constructed with buildings inspired by the French Art Nouveau according to designs by builder Beikler. Great care was taken to give each building its own characteristics. The road is named after Franz Freiherr von Mercy, a German general in the Thirty Years' War, due to the military tradition of Ingolstadt.

1904 - Foreman Michael Forster gains citizenship in Ingolstadt, Germany

.

Any questions?

We are happy to help!

Phone: 0049 (0) 841/97367-0
Fax: 0049 (0) 841/97367-20
Mail: info@forster-bau.de

Date Outline

Currently there are no events.